Members, this is your section that you can edit!
If you came to this page to find out how to become a member then you need to visit the club at 129 Mulgrave Rd during opening hours and fill in an application form.
Nothing else on this page is relevant to becoming a member.
If you are a member and would like to help the club by adding structured content then please see next section on Getting Access.
- Come into the club and talk to the president, Michael. Tell him what you are interested in and he will introduce you to the goals of the website and its guidelines. Don’t worry! The goals of the website are closely aligned with the goals of the club.
- If you still want to go ahead and the president agrees then obtain a free gitlab account from gitlab.com. All you need to provide is an email contact address and choose a username. DO NOT ENTER CREDIT CARD DETAILS AND DO NOT CLICK ON ‘START TRIAL’.
- Email the club with your gitlab username, stating the club has approved you as a club website developer. Even if you have never developed a website before we will still consider you a website developer. It is the intention that counts
- The club will add add your gitlab username to its list of website developers on gitlab and inform you.
How to Edit
We have prepared detailed points on how to add content.
How to contribute informally
In addition to encouraging members to add their own content directly to the website, the club also encourages informal participation in contributing to the website and resolving issues with the website.
As an example members are encouraged to bring in their work to have it photographed for inclusion in the website before or after monthly club meetings. Currently John is the person to see for this.
Another way is to email photographs and/or text to the club, asking for it to be included. Currently such emails are forwarded onto John
If you have a video you would like shown (preferably between 10 and 30 seconds and preferably closer to 10 seconds) then sending the video file to the club through gmail from an app will allow you to send the video as a link to your google drive (included free with gmail) that the club can access.
If you have an issue with the website then you can also either talk to the President (Michael), the secretary (Jan) or a webadmin (John or Richie) or you can email the club with the issue. However please be prepared to help out the club with follow up as it is often not easy to gain a clear understanding of what the issue is as you see it.
Issues raised have led to the following actions:
- Adding the word ‘Menu’ beside the menu symbol on the top left of mobile phones following an issue raised by the President Michael.
- Adding code to prevent pages with gallery landscape images loading large and so zoomed in on mobile phones. This solution has the effect of preventing the menu from scrolling off the page when first loaded. This followed an issue raised by the Secretary Jan.