The club organises between three and five fossicking trips each year for members.
As a field trip approaches updates will be available through the next upcoming fieldtrip page. You can bookmark this page.
Shortly before a field trip commences all updates and direction will be through field trip officers. Please make sure you know who your field trip officers are and that you have spoken to them or speak to them as soon as possible after arriving.
For 2020 five potential fossicking trip dates are or were considered, around long weekends.
- January Australia Day, Sat 25 Jan to Mon 27 Jan. No trip during 2020
- April Easter Long Weekend, Fri 10 Apr to Mon 13 Apr. Lava Plains Sapphire Fields. More information on fieldtrip page
- May Labour Day, Sat 2 May to Mon 4 May
- July Cairns Show, Fri 17 Jul to Sun 19 Jul
- October Queen’s Birthday, Sat 3 Oct to Mon 5 Oct
Campsite facilities on trips vary. Some trips (such as to Chudleigh Park) require complete self sufficiency, including water. Usually a 4WD is not required to reach a campsite.
For excursions from campsites 4WDs are usually required. Some excursions require drivers experienced and confident of 4WD driving on rough terrain (such as to Mt Gibson).