- Gemfest is an annual event with much community interest
- Gemfest 2021, July 24 (9pam-4pm) and 25 (9am-3pm), with the club celebrating 60 years.
- Gemfest 2020
- Gemfest 2019
Gemfest is an annual event with much community interest
Gemfest 2021, July 24 (9pam-4pm) and 25 (9am-3pm), with the club celebrating 60 years.
60th anniversary year of club
24,25 July: Annual Gem Festival Community Event. Market stalls: Dealers, Jewellery. Experts, Food, Raffles. Find Gold. Learn about club and courses
From 9AM, 129 Mulgrave Rd
Friendly market stalls with
- Dealers including specimens and supplies. Bruno and Helen with their slabs are back!
- Jewellery, crafts
- Friendly experts. Ask questions and get guidance
- All day food and BBQ
- Kids activities (sandpit fossicking)
- Grand raffle
- Enter detector raffle to experience metal detecting and panning
- Peg your claim! One gold nugget prize each day.
- Visit club and see how inexpensive courses are run
- Off road parking
COVID Safety Sign-in
Visitors to the Gem Festival are required to register by QR code with the Check In Qld app or by manual sign-in. Point your phone camera at code to launch app or download app. Register yourself and family or friends at the same time.
Club personnel will be available to help. Poster below.
Stall Holders (incomplete)
- Stall holders: if you would like basic information listed here then please provide the club with a card, other information, or a web link. Basic information will be posted here as soon as practical. Photos welcomed and are accepted for consideration for use by website at our discretion. If you do not have a web link, we would like to provide a link to a web page we will construct that includes relevant information and photos you provide. Photos provided may be used by the website after Gemfest to help document the event. This is not a request for advertising material.
- Bruno and Helen Simonetto, dealers and traders of high quality and exotic slabs for cabochoning and lapidary
- Far North Gems from Port Douglas, opal cutters and wholesalers, Australian gemstones, handmade jewellery
- Queensland Government Department of Resources. Representative Michael Staneke will hand out fossicking maps and will be able to answer questions. Fossicking in QLD. Stall near front door of front of club.
- Flatlap.com from Townsville, specialise in gemcutting, silversmithing and other lapidary supplies and equipment for rockhounds, hobbyists and business
- Lapidary Slab Supplies from Mackay, locally crafted lapidary machines, saw blades, grinding wheels, facet laps, silver work tools, raw slabs, polished faces, crystals, tumble stones
- Troi Thelin, Big Sky Jewellery & Stones, lapidarist and silversmith for over 25 years. Handmade and original finished and custom work.
- Gem n’ Stone Jewellery from Innisfail, hand crafted silver and gemstone jewellery made by Gary and Sharna.
- Rick’s Rocks, Rick imports and sells beautiful stones from Indonesia, sets select pieces in sterling silver, and sells retail and wholesale.
- GRAND RAFFLE
- JEWELLERY PIECES to be listed
- $100 voucher from Gemcuts Lapidary and Jewellery Tools redeemable at Gemcuts.com.au
- $100 voucher from AJS (Australian Jewellers Supplies) redeemable at AJSonline.com
- Second $100 voucher from AJS (Australian Jewellers Supplies) redeemable at AJSonline.com
- Family pass to Paronella Park
- Family pass to Mamu Skywalk
- More vouchers to come
- DETECTOR RAFFLE (also experience metal detecting and panning)
- GOLD NUGGET PRIZES (with peg a claim)
- One on Saturday
- One on Sunday
- LUCKY DIP
- Polished stones
- Popular with kids
Club Logo to use with posters and other communication
CANCELLED due to COVID-19 pandemic: July 25th and 26th.